IPO does not yey know the results of the various write in races for the oregon House. We expect the results to be posted by June 2nd or earlier but the state has indicated that the mandated time could take as long as June 14th.
Governor - Currently, the state is determining the winner of the IPO nomination for Governor. With two counties in, Patrick Starnes and Knute Buehler appear to be in the lead. Patrick Starnes is an IPO member who has dedicated his campaign to promoting campaign finance reform and building the Independent Party. Buehler is the Republican nominee who organized the first IPO caucus in the Oregon legislature. Kate Brown also sent direct mail and social media communications to IPO members and appears to be competing with Greg Woolridge and other candidates for third place.
Congressional District 3- Marc Koller is the IPO nominee. He is running on a platform of campaign finance reform -- reducing the undue influence of money in politics, strengthening the regulation of dirty diesel trucks and industrial polluters and strengthening the manufacturing and trade sectors of our economy and workforce.
Note: The IPO State Council does not support candidates for other higher offices in the IPO primary election.
IPO NOMINEES FOR THE OREGON HOUSE
House District 15 - Cynthia Hyatt - Cynthia is a mother of three and a graduate of Linn-Benton Community College who will be graduating from PSU this fall. She interned at the Oregon legislature in the office of State Rep. Julie Parrish in 2016. She ran for this office as a candidate of the progressive party in 2015 and was that party's top vote-getter with 20 percent of the vote.
House District 27 - Brian Pierson - Brian is a senior business leader, West Point Graduate, former Army officer, and Gulf War veteran, filed for House District 27 which predominantly represents Washington County and two Multnomah County precincts. Pierson, who spent over a decade serving in the Army, went on to become a senior business executive in Oregon and around the globe. Most recently, Pierson worked with Erickson Incorporated in Portland and Medford as a Vice President.
House District 32 - Brian Halvorson - Born and raised in a working-class family in the St. John's district of Portland, Brian is a native Oregonian whose family began homesteading in the Nehalem valley in the 1870's. He is running on a platform that seeks to improve economic opportunities in rural Oregon and to strengthen environmental regulations that protect the health of Oregonians. brianfororegonhouse.com
House District 58 - Skye Farnam - Skye is is a graduate of the University of Oregon with a degree in history. He is owner and operator of Terraform landscaping, a private landscaping contractor based in La Grande. Skye has extensive background in forestry management practices, having spent more than 15 years as a private forestry contractor and member of the US Forest Service interagency hotshot fire prevention crews.
(* indicates that this candidate has responded to our survey and agreed to support parts of our legislative agenda and platform or has supported past priorities of the party)
* State Representative, 10th District David Gomberg
* State Representative, 11th District Mark F Herbert
* State Representative, 12th District John Lively
* State Representative, 13th District Nancy Nathanson
State Representative, 14th District Julie Fahey
* State Representative, 17th District Sherrie Sprenger
State Representative, 18th District Rick Lewis
State Representative, 19th District Denyc Nicole Boles
* State Representative, 20th District Selma Pierce
* State Representative, 21st District Brian Clem
State Representative, 22nd District Marty Heyen
* State Representative, 23rd District Danny Jaffer
* State Representative, 24th District Ron Noble
* State Representative, 26th District A Richard Vial
* State Representative, 28th District Jeff Barker
* State Representative, 29th District David Molina
* State Representative, 30th District Janeen Sollman
* State Representative, 33rd District Mitch Greenlick
* State Representative, 34th District Ken Helm
* State Representative, 35th District Bob Niemeyer
* State Representative, 37th District Julie Parrish
State Representative, 38th District Andrea Salinas
State Representative, 39th District Elizabeth Graser-Lindsey
* State Representative, 41st District Karin Power
* State Representative, 42nd District Rob A Nosse
State Representative, 43rd District Tawna Sanchez
* State Representative, 45th District Barbara Smith Warner
* State Representative, 46th District Alissa Keny-Guyer
State Representative, 47th District Diego Hernandez
* State Representative, 49th District Justin Hwang
* State Representative, 4th District Duane A Stark
State Representative, 50th District Carla C Piluso
* State Representative, 51st District Lori Chavez-DeRemer
* State Representative, 52nd District Jeff Helfrich
* State Representative, 53rd District Jack Zika
* State Representative, 54th District Cheri Helt
State Representative, 57th District Greg Smith
State Representative, 59th District Daniel G Bonham
* State Representative, 5th District Pam Marsh
State Representative, 60th District Lynn P Findley
State Representative, 6th District Kim Wallan
* State Representative, 7th District Cedric Hayden
* State Representative, 8th District Paul R Holvey
State Representative, 9th District Teri Grier
* State Senator, 10th District Jackie F Winters
* State Senator, 11th District Greg Warnock
Portland City Council, Position 2 - Jo Ann Hardesty